Wednesday 1 June 2016

Wedding Crafts - Flowers

It's been a long time since we posted anything, but we have been really busy over the past year putting our crafting skills to the test for Gemma's wedding!  Here's what we did:


Gemma's Flowers


I made all my flowers myself, using an origami folding technique.  I had a turquoise colour scheme, so half the flowers were made using a deep turquoise paper.  The other half were made using pages of one of my favourite children's stories - Brambly Hedge Summer Story.  The wedding in this story has always made me long for a village fete, outdoorsy wedding, so it was perfect for my wedding flowers.  I threaded the buttons used in the centre with thin wire, and this allowed me to thread all the flowers together in a bouquet holder.  I wrapped the stem with turquoise ribbon to hide the wires.


As finishing touches, I attached tiny pictures of my late grandparents, and butterflies punched out of purple cardstock.




 




No comments:

Post a Comment